The new Lexus LX will arrive in Australian showrooms in April as the first brand-new model in 14 years, offering a new design language, new powertrains, advanced technology, and a starting price of $148,800.
- 2022 Lexus LX pricing and specifications
- Petrol and diesel power available
- F Sport and Ultra Luxury grades now on offer
- Priced from $148,800 plus on-road costs
Pricing for the 2022 Lexus LX has been revealed ahead of its arrival in showrooms next month.
The all-new Lexus LX is the first new generation in 14 years – twinned under the skin with the latest Toyota LandCruiser 300 Series – and debuts F Sport and range-topping Ultra Luxury grades, with four, five and seven seating options available.
The LX will be offered across seven different variants, while an Enhancement Package can be optioned for an additional $5500. The entry-level, unnamed variants are seven seats, the F Sport and Sports Luxury grades are five-seaters, and the new Ultra Luxury model has four seats.
Prices have risen across the range, with the entry-level diesel priced from $148,800 before on-road costs, or the petrol from $152,300 before on-road costs – up $11,287 and $5787 respectively over the outgoing, entry-level LX diesel and petrol models.
All variants excluding the Ultra Luxury are available with the newly-developed 3.3-litre twin-turbocharged V6 diesel engine (badged LX500d), capable of 227kW and 700Nm – an upgrade of 27kW and 50Nm over the outgoing LX450d and its 4.5-litre twin-turbo diesel V8.
Alternatively, a 3.5-litre twin-turbocharged V6 petrol engine (LX600) is available, good for 305kW and 650Nm – an improvement of 35kW and 120Nm compared to the outgoing 5.7-litre V8.
The range kicks off with the Lexus LX500d with a starting price of $148,800 plus on-road costs, and tops out with the LX600 Ultra Luxury from $210,800 excluding on-roads.
Together with its enhanced powertrains, the all-new LX boasts advanced technologies, with upgrades to its infotainment system (three displays as standard) and driver assistance features (with a full suite fitted as standard).
A full list of standard features is included towards the bottom of this story, however highlights of the entry-level variant include 20-inch alloy wheels, newly-developed four-wheel active height control suspension, heated and power-adjustable front seats with leather-accented upholstery, and a 25-speaker Mark Levinson premium audio system.
The 2022 Lexus LX will arrive in Australian showrooms in April.
2022 Lexus LX Australian pricing
- LX500d seven-seater – $148,800
- LX600 seven-seater – $152,300
- LX500d Sports Luxury five-seater – $165,800
- LX600 Sports Luxury five-seater – $169,300
- LX500d F Sport five-seater – $171,800
- LX600 F Sport five seater – $175,300
- LX600 Ultra Luxury four-seater – $210,800
Note: All prices above exclude on-road costs.
2022 Lexus LX standard features:
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Seven seats with power-adjustable third row
- Tri-beam LED headlights with adaptive high beam
- 12.3-inch infotainment touchscreen with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, satellite navigation and digital radio
- 7.0-inch secondary centre display
- 8.0-inch digital instrument display
- Colour head-up display
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Four-zone climate control with NanoeX
- Leather-accented seat upholstery
- Shimamoku wood ornamentation
- 10-way driver and eight-way passenger electric seat adjustment
- Heated front seats
- 25-speaker Mark Levinson surround sound system
- Multi-Terrain Monitor with four cameras
- Adaptive ride height with three modes
- Low-range transfer case
- Trailer wiring harness
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection, and intersection support
- Low-speed rear autonomous emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane tracing assist
- Traffic sign recognition
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Lexus Connected Services
2022 Lexus LX F Sport and Sports Luxury add (over LX):
- Front seat ventilation
- Heated and ventilated outboard rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Centre console cool box
- Digital rear-view mirror
- Soft-close doors
- Engine start fingerprint reader
Unique to the F Sport are the following features:
- Jet black grille with mesh pattern
- 22-inch forged alloy wheels
- Hadori aluminium ornamentation
- Aluminium pedals and scuff plates
- Perforated leather-accented steering wheel and shifter
- Sports seats with unique colours
- Adaptive suspension
- Torsen limited-slip rear differential
- Front and rear performance dampers (bracing)
- Unique steering tune
Unique to the Sports Luxury are the following features:
- Unique 22-inch forged alloy wheels
- Specific front spindle grille
- Takanoha interior ornamentation
- 11.6-inch twin rear screens
2022 Lexus LX600
2022 Lexus LX600 Ultra Luxury adds (over LX Sports Luxury):
- Independent second-row seats with heating, ventilation, power adjustment, massaging and reclining
- Adjustable rear-seat ottomans with two-position memory
- Rear wireless smartphone charging
- Rear control panel for climate control and seat functions
- Walnut brown ornamentation (trim inserts)
- Upgraded leather upholstery
The optional Enhancement Package ($5500) adds:
- 22-inch alloy wheels
- Hands-free tailgate with kick sensor