VIP Track Day Entertaining
Properly, BMWofSanRafael and Sunwise Auto Team did it once again: they sponsored an additional VIP track working day at entire world well-known Laguna Seca, and it was a blast!
What a privilege to be part of a community that this dealership actively nurtures. I truthfully know of no other vendor group gratifying its faithful clients/admirers like this. 🙏🤩
Lots of ///Ⓜ️ versions in attendance from all sorts of generations, a lot of great new individuals we met, and plenty of rubber deposited on the track.
Many thanks as well to the wonderful people at Change Sector and Weather Tech Laguna Seca for making certain we had a risk-free and entertaining track day. I’m still beaming from how much enjoyable these gatherings are to go to!
Notes on my 2nd observe day (at any time) vs the very first:
- Turn 1: lastly identified the ideal phone pole to target in get to blast by way of it quickly. So considerably I tallied 119 mph as my leading speed as a result of this convert and up to the crest, but with much more keep track of time I imagine I can very best that
- Convert 2: even now not positive how to strike the correct line, but i consider a solitary apex with an eye towards the exit is the very best
- Turn 3: even now far too easy to get way too extensive and end up having into the observe rubber
- Convert 4: this one’s remarkably easy to get mistaken, but acquiring it proper permits for sustaining good pace headed toward turn 5
- Switch 5: requires skilled path-breaking in buy to strike the apex appropriate, which I haven’t approximately mastered
- Convert 6: however my favorite! Get it suitable in excess of the rumble strip and it slingshots you appropriate up the hill
- Transform 7: this is much more a kink than switch, so my eyes simply just target the overhead metal traces as the landmark to get on the brakes and line up the appropriate side of the vehicle from the rumble strip. Swiftest speed was 108 mph going up the hill
- Convert 8: “the corkscrew” requires headed toward the 2nd tree to get the correct line
- Convert 9: yep, I however dislike transform 9. lol. It truly is off camber and never ever feels like I nail the method just ideal
- Transform 10: a different favored! While I continue to haven’t mastered it, finding it right is like a further slingshot feeling
- Convert 11: this a person sees me turning in way too early and neglecting to know how slow a flip it actually is. Additional exercise necessary…
My historical GoPro Hero 3 recorded some crappy movie and sound, so I’ll share a fantastic lap from my initial trip to Laguna past December. I performed a small much better this time all around but continue to have tons to discover.
One particular additional substantial thanks to BMW of San Rafael! I can not sing their praises enough. Andy the GM, Artem and PJ (and Rommel) on the genius/gross sales facet, and Tom in Assistance all are worthy of kudos for their candor and knowledge. Significantly, what a pleasure it is to do these matters with a team like them.