A new limited-edition variant for the X3 and X4 has been revealed, with more kit, new paint, and a price tag to show for it.
- 2022 BMW X3 and X4 M40i Frozen Edition pricing and specifications
- New grey metallic paint, and spate of standard features
- Aesthetic features including carbon highlights and gloss black trim
- Priced from $142,900 and $152,900 drive-away
BMW has revealed limited-run variants of its X3 and X4 M40i performance SUVs – each dubbed ‘Frozen Edition.’
Featuring BMW Individual satin grey paint and a handful of extra features, the X3 is priced from $142,900 drive-away. The coupe-styled X4 starts at $152,900.
For reference, the standard M40i vehicles cost $115,900 and $123,900 before on-road costs respectively.
For the extra money, buyers get carbon-fibre mirror caps, painted red brake callipers, sun protection glazing, gloss black kidney grilles, and a carbon-fibre spoiler (X4 only).
Inside the cabin, ‘M’ badged seat belts come standard, as do carbon-fibre highlights and black leather upholstery with red stitching.
The existing 3.0-litre single-turbo inline-six petrol engine sits under the bonnet, sending 285kW/500Nm to all four wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission.
This allows the 0-100km/h sprint to be completed in a claimed 4.8 seconds, on the way to an electronically-capped top speed of 250km/h.
According to BMW, 17 examples of the X3 and 20 examples of the X4 will be imported to Australia in Frozen Edition guise.
2022 BMW X3 and X4 M40i Frozen Edition Australian pricing
- X3 M40i Frozen Edition – $142,900
- X4 M40i Frozen Edition – $152,900
Note: All prices above are drive-away.
2022 BMW X3 and X4 M40i Frozen Edition add (over standard X3 and X4 M40i):
- Gloss black kidney grille
- Carbon-fibre mirror caps
- Carbon-fibre rear boot lid spoiler (X4 M40i Frozen Edition only)
- M Sport brakes in high-gloss red
- Sun protection glazing
- Black Vernasca leather upholstery with red stitching
- ‘M’ seat belts with BMW M tri-colour stitching
- Carbon-fibre interior trim